Slurp! * and process VIDEO *

Saturday, February 23, 2013


I wanted to scrap these cute photos of my niece from lunch one day...
More importantly, at the KID'S table...love the kid's table, it is awesome
that all our kids are old enough now to be on their own and even
MORE importantly, that the adults can be on their own! ;)
Or at least for the 4 minutes that occur between someone asking for a
refill, or a napkin, or their dropped something, etc.

Anyway, I also did a Start to Finish video seen here or on my YouTube Channel:


I was inspired by the colors of my niece's shirt and some of the new products
in the Scrapbook Circle kit for February...love the papers!  I feel like I have
been using lots of chevron papers like this, but in tiny amount, or cutting out just a
strip as an arrow or accent.  So, I decided to use the whole piece as the
background, and instead of using vellum as an overlay to tone it down,
I was inspired to use a thin coating of gesso from the 213 Video series at 
Two Peas in a Bucket that Celine Navarro did last week...



I abandoned my go to white/neutral background with patterns in the
middle and tried to use the gesso to create a white space in the middle
and have the pattern as the border.  There are so many wonderful colors
in that background piece from My Mind's Eye and I love the contrast
of the aqua, chartreuse and black with splashes of pink!


I had just made a trip to Michael's and got lots of fun new things to play with...
These fun black shimmery doilies, some gold thread and some Heidi Swapp stuff!
They carry the color shine mists and a lot of other new products from her line.
Since the thriving metropolis that is Birmingham has NO local scrapbook stores
(the closest one is 20 minutes away) I either order things online or get things from HL,
JoAnn's or Michaels'...And they have all been stepping up their game...I was so pleased
to see something current on the shelf!  They also have a line of their brand "Recollections"
wood veneer shapes that are uncannily like Studio Calico!  And these cute
clothes pins that look like the ones from Pebbles and other manufacturer's
(No, I don't work for Michael's)  


Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground