DREAM...Color Me Scrappy September Challenge #46

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

This color combination from Color Me Scrappy is divine...light and bright and kind of nice little 
page before we start getting into Fall and Halloween and all the fun holiday stuff!   


This Challenge was to use this color combo and the twist is to use texture on your project.  
You can see the original blog post with the challenge guidelines and the awesome project 
by Guest Designer Thandar Aye HERE.  


I loved this paper from Maggie Holmes for Crate paper and knew I had to use it as is!
I fussy cut (and it took forever...) this little tree branch and banner out of a piece of Dear Lizzy paper.


I used my cloud punch to punch my favorite vellum from Elle's Studio.
I also used a modeling paste and paint mix with a text mask on some plain vellum and 
also punched out little clouds.  I is really dimensional and adds great texture but it also subtle.

Unfortunately, you can't see it as much from the overall photo.


I used several pieces of 6x6 paper pads and some ribbon to make a patchwork border around the photo.
I have to give photo credit to my mother-in-law...she had taken the kids out to a little park where 
a part of the path had flooded over.  She caught the kids in a very calm pensive moment...
I'll have to ask her how that happened! :)


The chipboard ribbon banner at the bottom is also from Dear Lizzy.  
I used that as my title because I thought these color were so dreamy...

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to check out the Color Me Scrappy new Blog design!
It is awesome sauce as well as all the other DT projects for this Challenge.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Your layout is just so sweet, loving the clouds cut from vellum and the tree branch looks fabulous, well done with the fussy cutting it's very neat. xx

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground