Butterfly Kisses - Scrap Our Stash May Challenege

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Today on the Scrap Our Stash blog is my take on the new May Stash Challenge...
Since there are so many wedding around this time of year, including my own anniversary coming up, this challenge is particularly clever!


 

Here are the details of exactly what they mean:

Something Old: Patterned Paper or Embellishment that has been in your stash 6 months or more.  Something New: Patterned Paper or Embellishment that you purchased within the last 6 months.  Something Fussy Cut AND...Something Blue: Patterned Paper, Cardstock, Embellishment, Alphas, Ink/Paint, your choice!



My something new, was the piece of patterned paper from Heidi Swapp's new collection called "Favorite Things."  Also, lots of the embellishments and the No. cards are new  from Studio Calico.
I LOVE this piece of paper, I have several pieces because I knew I would be able to use it in lots of different ways.  It was basically the inspiration for this rest of the color clusters.


For something old, I used this tag sticker from one of the first Dear Lizzy collections
as well as a couple old stamps from Studio AE, the 'life' one and heart stamp.

Obviously, my something blue was one of those cards and a couple other embellishments.
I decided that it would be fun to take advantage of the colors in the paper
and group everything in line similarly to the circles...I also printed out my photo as a circle.  


My fussy cutting also came from a fairly old 6x6 paper pad from Amy Tangerine
that had little scrolly frames, and I chose ones that went with my colors
and used them to layer on top of.

I love the way it turned out and am excited to see the entries for this challenge!
Check out the Challenge Rules HERE and make sure you look at the other DT layouts.
These were some of the best of the year, to me!

If this fun challenge isn't enough to inspire you, the prize should be!
It is a $30 gift card to Scrapbook Circle, which has the MOST awesome kits
as well as add-ons, cardstock, etc.!  I mean seriously, check it out!


*Make sure you note in your write up, what items you used for each part of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground