sweet DAD - Scrapbook Circle One Item Wonder

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I am sharing my DT assignment for July called 'One Item Wonder,' where we focus on one of the pieces in the main kit from the month.  Mine was to highlight the Webster's Pages Journaling cards that are in the 'Our Adventure' kit.
 
 
They are such fun colors and patterns and have a recurring theme, like the rest of the kit, using
cameras and viewfinders.  I decided to let the cards dictate the color palette and theme for my layout.
I used one of the photos from an impromptu photo shoot on Father's Day and printed it in black & white.

 
I used this gorgeous pink patterned paper with the script wtrtingin on it as my background
and then layered lots the WP journaling cards on top of it.  I wanted to create a mat to frame
the photo but with lots of irregular edges, some patterns showing more than others, etc.
I even cut out his 'Yeah' from of the cards to adhere it to the photo.

 
I made sure to have one card poking out to write the actual journaling on and left room for a title too.
I used the twine from the kit to tie in the large camera die-cut from the Crate Paper ephemera package.


I stitched the cards to my background in random places with several different stitches, trying to make it look more quilt-ish and to give it texture.  I love the black and white contrast against all these gorgeous colors! 

Thanks for stopping by today and you can see the original post on the Scrapbook Circle blog HERE!

1 comment:

  1. This looks super duper delish....great idea doing the photo in B & W to contrast the cards...they make GREAT matts....you've done a fab job with them:):)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground