this right here - Scrapbook Circle January DT

Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year everyone!
Yesterday I shared one of my layouts using the January ‘All You Need is Love’ main kit and a few pieces of the ‘Hello Love’ Add-on.  The colors for this kit are amazing, both sides of the spectrum.  Black and whites and bold colors that I used in this layout, plus lots of lovely pinks, greys and turquoise too.  I took my inspiration from these photos for this page.
SBC_FEEL THE LOVE_Jan 2015 border
Sometimes, with papers and patterns this vivid I print my photos in black & white.  I decided to challenge myself, using the papers and patterns to create a layout that balanced the colors in the photos.  After seeing these photos of my son giving his grandparents hugs, I picked out this 6×6 piece of black Pink Pasilee paper with tiny frames.  I also knew I wanted to use the bold red script paper from Amy Tangerine.  laying those side by side I tried to chose other papers that matched or complimented those colors.
SBC_FEEL THE LOVE_Jan 2015 (6)
I also varied the pattern, so there is a range between smaller stripes to larger, small text to large script and the the polka dots to break up all the straight lines.  I randomly hand cut all the papers using larger pieces for the two original patterns I chose.  I stapled some, sewed some and centered it all using the gold foam phrase words from Crate Paper for my title.
SBC_FEEL THE LOVE_Jan 2015 (7)
I stapled some, sewed some and centered it all using the gold foam phrase words from Crate Paper for my title.  Basically, I just played with the papers until I got the colors and patterns balanced!
Thanks for stopping by today and have an amazing day!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! LOOOVE how you've gotten those bold bits to all work together. And those photos ROCK:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the block pattern on this! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground