I AM...a work in progress - Scrapbook Circle April Kit Challenge

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Guess what day it is...?  Happy hump day!

I have been dabbling in art journaling, but never really shared it, just did it for fun, for me.
I decided to get a little more serious about it recently and the April Kit Challenge from
Scrapbook Circle was the perfect time.


Inspired by the Simple Stories "I Am" collection, the kit-inspired challenge this month is to create a layout using the prompt “I Am…” as a jumping off point. It could be the title, how you start your journaling, or just the theme of your page.  I used it and the April "Let's Do This" kit and the "Love It" add-on to make this double page spread in a new art journal book.  


I thought it would be great as the beginning, since it is about me.  I used on the of the Simple Stories text papers along with paint, gelatos, distress inks and watercolor for the background.  I also collage in some other pieces I had cut from various Simple Stories papers and die cuts from Crate Paper & Elle's Studio.


I made a scene with a flag banners across both pages, using lots of the triangle die cuts from Crate Paper.  I heat embossed this little jar stamp onto vellum.  Inside each of the jars that hang from the banner, I cut pieces of another paper with little phrases on them, describing what "I Am" doing...


I used one of the digi cuts to cut some plain cardstock on my Silhouette and used it as a mask for this gold embossing paste.  It worked great!  I added drips of this luscious gold Liquitex ink and lots of pen and marker details.


I had so much fun creating it and it certainly pushed me to try new things and let loose a bit!
You can find the original Scrapbook Circle blog post and the rules for the challenge HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share something a little more personal today!
Have an amazing day!


1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground