what matters - Art Journal - The Crafter's Workshop July 2018

Friday, July 27, 2018


Hello lovely crafters!  I’m super excited to share this new Art Journal spread I created for The Crafter's Workshop a couple weeks ago.


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.


Below are the stencils and lots of various mediums I used.












After prepping my pages with the Clear Gesso, I pulled lots of stencils with repetitive patterns on them and several sheets of Altered Pages vintage printables.  I also used part of a Gold Foil sheet on the Mixed Media Foam from ThermoWeb & Rebekah Meyer that I had left over from Christmas. 


I used gelatos for the base color of my spread.



After I blended the gelatos with water, I used the Gel Medium as a glue to make a collage with the Altered Pages printables.



After the Gesso dried, I used the plain Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste across parts of the pages.



I also stenciled some of the Heavy Body Acrylic paints over the 6x6 Micro Dots stencil. 



Next, I added some Distress Inks over the Paste and the edges of the pages.


I wanted to create a focal point for the girl I planned to paint, so I used this large patterned circle stencil and inked it to the left side of the spread using Distress Oxide Ink.



I cut two angel wing shapes out of this piece of the gold foiled medium base.  Using the wings as a guide, I painted a small shape of a face and torso.



After painting an outline of this girl, I added some of the luscious Champagne Gold Modeling Paste to this 6x6 stencil.



I continued to add detail to my girl and planned for her to hold a butterfly, from another 6x6 stencil, in her hands.  The butterfly didn't come out as clear as I had intended, so I tried to outline it with white gel pen and some other colors.



Below are the close-ups and the final pages of the Art Journal.










Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope this inspired you to get creative with your own art journal & do what matters to you!
STENCILS & MEDIUMS Used:
Be sure to share your stencil creations on our Facebook page or by tagging The Crafter’s Workshop on Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest!
The Crafter’s Workshop Design Team Member









No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground