"December" - Art Journaling with The Crafter's Workshop

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Hello everyone!  It is hard to believe we are approaching the end of 2018!  
To take a little break from all the Christmas hustle and for a little art therapy, I spent some time creating these pages in my Art Journal.  I knew I wanted to use colors that would provide lots of contrast and drama and had planned to use some song lyrics from one of my favorites from Sara Barielles called 'December.'


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
*Compensated affiliate links used*

Below are the stencils I used...

 
Click below to watch the video or HERE to go directly to The Crafter's Workshop YouTube Channel.
 

I began covering everything with shades of violet using the Heavy Body Acrylic paint 'Grape Jelly.' Using this 'Jungle Vines' stencil and plain White Modeling Paste, I created a loose border around the outside edges of the spread.


Then added some black in the center, fading outwards.  Using my favorite Champagne Gold Modeling Paste, I stenciled this large 12x12 'Onion Blossom' across both pages.  I added lots of additional color with watercolor crayons, Gold Gesso and some Mixed Media Paper with more lyrics on them.


I wrote my favorite part of the song using a white gel pen to stand out against the dark background.  There were some things I wish I had done differently, but I really like the overall feel and look to the page.


  It is definitely dramatic!


Thanks for stopping by the Blog today.  Please check out the video for a more detailed look at the products I used and the overall process.
I hope you have a wonderful December Day!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground