Woodland Walk Trend Release - Tonic Studios April 2019

Friday, April 26, 2019

I wanted to share the cards I created for the Tonic Studios Woodland Walk Trend release in April.  I have shared most of them on Instagram, but wanted to include them on my Blog.


The card below I created by using one of the background panel dies as an embossing panel instead of cutting thru it.  I love this technique and thinks it adds interest without adding too much, especially since I used this Mirror Card.  I cut out the sentiment strip die & its border and layered it on to a scalloped circle.  I embellished the floral details with the Gold Oval gems and some of the Nuvo Jewel Drops.


The thank you card below was made using several of the leaves and flowers from various Adorables stamp sets that I colored using the Nuvo alcohol markers.


I created a wreath of those colored images and layered them over a circle ring die cut from the Specialty Woodgrain paper.  I used a piece of this 6x6 Woodland Walk yellow scalloped paper as the card base background.  I heat embossed the sentiment using the new Golden Sunflower Embossing powder.

 

For this shaker card, I colored more of the Adorable stamped images "Little Something for Harry" and one of the circle shaker set pieces to create a balloon for the hedgehog to hold. 


I blended the trio of Woodland Walk hybrid inks to blend the background and then heat embossed a sentiment onto vellum.  I filled the shaker "balloon" piece with a mixture of the Nuvo Sunset Yellow Butterfly confetti, the Treasure Chest pure sheen glitter, and the Champagne Shine sequins.


I mounted the card onto one of the pieces of Craft Perfect Kraft Cardstock.  I added a couple Nuvo Drops to the butterfly.


And finally, for this exercise in layered colored images, I used the Adorables collection "Sammy Takes It Easy."  I created lots many layers using the oval dies with two of the Woodland Walk specialty handmade papers.



For the background piece I used multiple layers of the Golden Sparkler Shimmer Powder on the watercolor cardstock.  I used various depths of 3D foam squares with the palm leaves, vines and flowers.


The sloth was the main focus in the center of the card and I embellished all the layers using all four of the Woodland Walk Nuvo drops.


I heat embossed one of the sentiments onto vellum and used the Aqua Shimmer pens on some of the images.  The final touch was some black Nuvo drops on the nose and eyes of the sloth & snail.


I had a lit of fun creating these cards and the Woodland Walk collection makes it easy to coordinate pieces and get inspired!  Make sure you check out the entire collection and all the project ideas on the Tonic Studios website.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground