Die Cut Shaker Cards - Tonic Craft Kits

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Hello!  Today I am sharing a Shaker Card I created using one of the Die Cut Patterned Panels and full sized sealed pocket of sequins and confetti behind the die cut piece.  I used at least two products from the Tonic Craft Kits, #18 & #21 in this card.  I love being able to mix and match pieces and products for continued use!


Below is the video I filmed of the process, which can click on to watch, or go HERE directly to my YouTube Channel.




I cut the intricate panel die, 'Vibrant Damask' from some heavy weight cardstock as well as 2 layers of foam for dimension.  Using one of the Project Life pocket cards, I created a pocket the same size as the die cut piece to make the entire card a shaker.  I filled the pocket with various sequins and confetti and sealed the pocket to size with my Fuse tool from We R Memory Keepers.


I used the trio of Hybrid Inks from the 'Dream in Color' Trend collection to blend a circular pattern on the piece of cardstock the shaker pocket.  I used a stamp from the Tonic Craft kit #18 to heat emboss this sentiment in white onto a piece of heavy acetate.  I used two of the Tonic Basics circular dies to cut a round frame out of the gold glitter card from the Craft kit #21.


Finally, I began to combine the elements of the card, starting with the blended ink background on to the card base, followed by the shaker pocket, then the stacked layers of die cut patterned panels and finishing it off with the acetate framed sentiment.  I added a couple of the Rose Triad gems to the acetate too. 


I did add some heat embossed stamping, from that same craft kit, to coordinate an envelope.  I love the way this card turned out and need to do another card which highlights this combination of blended inks, without covering it up!  Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground