Inspired by Grids - The Crafter's Workshop September

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hi there! This was my post on The Crafter's Workshop Blog last week. 
I have had this Instagram photo in a “to be documented” pile and was inspired by the square format to use other grids and square shapes.april 2015_TCW_Sept 2015 border 2
I used the 3 stencils below with a combination of mixed media ink, spray mist, ink and modeling paste.
TCW549OblongTangledWebTCW504LifeTidbits
I started with the 12×12 Oblong Doodling Template on white cardstock and a mix of 3 different ColorBox Media Inx.
april 2015_TCW_Sept 2015 (16)

I concentrated the teal color under the largest square, where I planned the photo to be and worked out from there.  After trimming the cardstock, I mounted the painted grid onto a couple different patterned papers.
april 2015_TCW_Sept 2015 (21)
I had several tags, including a canvas one, that I stenciled distress ink using the Mini Life Tidbits calendar stencil.  I added another layer of gold modeling paste with the 2015 over the canvas tag.
april 2015_TCW_Sept 2015 (8)
Wanting to add some color and texture under the photo, I misted some vellum with the 6×6 Tangled Web stencil.  I liked the combination of grungy grid with the larger irregular background.
april 2015_TCW_Sept 2015 (1)
After layering the vellum and stenciled tags, I added the photo with 3-dimensional adhesive onto the background.

 021
I cut a couple rectangles out of the background with a craft knife to let the patterned papers show.  I also used lots of stitching to secure the pieces down and add texture.020
You can follow the links below to the stencils I used.

Stencils used:
Thanks for stopping by the Blog and have an amazing day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground