Scrapbook Circle + Neat & Tangled = we are ALL made of STORIES

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hi everyone!  So excited to be participating in the Scrapbook Circle collaboration with Neat & Tangled.

This lovely stamp set is part of the October 'Mix Tape' kit.  It has this great combination of scrpit and block font that is so popular today.  You can find the orginal post on the Scrapbook Circle Blog HERE and the Neat & Tangled Blog HERE.  A few of the other designers have been featured on both Blogs in the past couple days and another one tomorrow, so check back then too!




This stamp set inspired me so much for this challenge!  I saw the books as scrapbooks lined up, each telling a story in a collection of layouts.  I have been doing the bi-annual (should be more often) task of putting scrapbook layouts into sleeves and putting them into the correct albums.  This always invloves a massive amount of shuffling, a kind of scrapbook Tetris, if you will!   Another reason the stamp made me think of the art of memory keeping.


I have a couple boxes of slide contact sheets my father made in his career as our family historian.  I thought these would be perfect to tell that particular story.  Unfortunately, I have to guess at some of the dates, but it is amazing the detail that the tiny images capture.  The main ones here are of my mother sitting on our side porch when I was probably around 7 or 8 years old.



The text print paper seemed appropriate for the telling of a story, so I printed my journaling onto patterned paper using a typewriter font.  I used to use my printer for journaling a lot, but am out of practice with line spacing.  Somehow, this print out magically aligned with the change in color and pattern on the paper.

So many pieces of the October kit went perfectly with my theme, the washi stickers from Pink Paislee, especially the one with old fashioned cameras, and the paper with the lines all connected by dots.  I used watercolor and colored pencil to highlight some of those.


I love pages that are full of symbolism and show the love for this creative art form we call scrapbooking.  Not only does the stamp set work great with this month's kit, it will be perfect for so many future projects.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and be sure to check out the other blogs too!
Have an amazing day!

1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground