feed YOUR heart & SOUL (& video) - The Crafter's Workshop

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Hello everyone! I am super excited to be asked to continue my journey as a Creative Team member with The Crafter's Workshop! I am truly blessed to be a part of this amazing group of talent!

I am sharing a little home decor project, actually a gift, from my post last week. I also made a process video that you find follow below!


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.



These are the stencils I used above and the link to the video HERE below.



I bought a pre-painted piece of wood that resembled bead board panel or siding. I painted the wood with a mix of light colored acrylic paints and let it dry really well.


I mixed white paint with a turquoise acrylic to create several varying shades of blue/teal. I used the 4x4 Repeat Tile Remnant stencil and a lighter teal paint as the first layer of my project.


After that layer dried, I used parts of the large Sea Turtle stencil to create a scroll frame along the bottom of the piece.


I also bought this pre-distressed wooden heart and used this stencil bit and mist in a sun pattern on top of the heart. To provide some contrast & definition, I added some more acrylic around the edges of the wood embellishment.


While the heart dried, I painted a heart in white acrylic on top on the background, sizing it to be larger than the wood heart.


Using my last stencil, pink modeling paint and the heart on the Rustic Portal stencil, I add a thick layer onto the painted white heart. I used a blue, white and red India ink pen to add definition to the details of the stenciled marks.


Last, but not least, I wrote my sentiment onto the painted wood background. I added extra doodles around the letters and some pink paint splatters too.






Thanks for stopping by today! You can follow the link below to the stencils I used:


STENCILS Used:




1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful art piece! I love the colors, they are so summery.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground