HAPPY. NSD Sketch & Video - Scrapbook Circle

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

I am a little later than I had planned to share this LO after NSD, but life with children seems extra crazy this time of year.  Everyone seems to try to squeeze in one last...everything.  I did this page for National Scrapbook Day and made a video of my process using the Scrapbook Circle May kit, 'Here & Now.'
 
 
This is the sketch from our talented designer and Blog coordinator, Tessa Buys!

 
You can click on the link below of HERE to find my YouTube channel and the start to finish video.

 
I decided to use the paint like lines in this gorgeous paper from the Fancy Free collection to create an implied division, like the sketch.  I cut out a piece of the Pinkfresh Studio paper that is predominantly black and white and watercolored several of the leaves and flowers.  I used it along that line of pattern change shown in the sketch.

 
I layered lots of the Fancy Free vellum die cuts, other Pink Pailsee die cuts and fussy cut pieces of the Amy Tan acrylic sheet underneath a photo cluster.

 
Using black thread, I stitched thru that entire layered line of embellishments.  I also stitched across some of the vellum letter shapes for my title.  I cut two pieces of patterned paper and places them at the bottom the layout exactly like the sketch.  One piece I painted with black chalkboard paint and then added some journaling with a white gel pen.

 
I love all the bright colors in the May collection and they were perfect to highlight this photo of our oldest child, Lola!  I hope you check out the video and have an amazing day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground