love...The Crafter's Workshop Stencils & Hand Stitching

Friday, September 30, 2016

Hi there friends!  This is a project I shared on The Crafter's Workshop recently.
I love Fall and very anxious for the changing season, although since I live in the South, it still feels like summer, though starting to change!   I have a stack of photos to be documented and this is one of the special ones waiting for a memorable layout.  I am a bit obsessed with hand stitching at the moment, so I used a stencil to create a border for this page.
{  To keep a little anonymity for this sweet boy, I covered his face with a heart!  }
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
Using the stencils shown below, I used one as a template for hand stitching and the other for a large inked title.
 
I took this wavy water stencil and drew pencil lines following the curves.  I actually ended up simplifying the wavy lines after I realized there would be stitches too close together, threatening to tear the paper.
After the waves were sketched in, I used this punch to add holes along the pencil lines.  I used two different embroidery threads, both in multi-colored ombre patterns of blue.
I used some washi tape to secure a few of the looser threads at the back of the cardstock.  I wanted to create a loose watercolor background for the photo.  I used a couple Distress Ink colors and an acetate sheet to “smush” the diluted paint onto the background.
I added more paint to make it darker in places and add some splotches around the edges.
Wanting to keep the page clean and simple, I decided to ink the stencil below with a dauber and this “love” paint splattered pattern.

I used a couple different inks in the end, but the title was still a dark navy.  I adhered the photo with dimensional adhesive onto a couple layers of torn tracing paper.
I am so pleased with the way this layout turned out.  I wanted it to be whimsical, yet simple and powerful and not overly embellished.
I have been sifting through all my stencils for the ones that will be perfect stitching templates.  I hope this inspires you to explore this possibility too!
Thanks so much for stopping by the Blog today!
STENCILS Used:
TCW2149 – 6x9 The Sea
TCW567 – 12×12 Complicated Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground