ALWAYS BE YOURSELF - A Scrapbook Layout

Thursday, June 7, 2018












Today I am sharing a scrapbook layout I created for The Crafter’s Workshop using one stencil and 3 of the new pastes.  Although it looks simple, I actually created it twice, but it was a welcome accident since I think this layout turned out much better.

It wasn't what I had planned at all, but sometimes you have to embrace the mistakes and move on!  An ironically important lesson in my life right now! ;)


Below is the stencil and mediums I used in my project!



The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.


I had originally planned to use the phrase in the stencil to outline some hand stitching.  Unfortunately, I pierced the letters too close together and it didn't turn out like I'd hoped.


So, I started over...with the metallic pastes instead.


I masked the large 'unicorn' word so that I could use the Platinum Modeling Paste to accent it.


I added the Platinum paste partially over the Champagne Gold in the other 'unicorn' word as well.  I love the way it turned out with the combination of both pastes!



I decided to use some Distress Ink and some plastic wrap to add a light background for the photo.



I wanted to add some of the star shapes but wanted to keep it subtle, so I used the White Pearl modeling paste to add some shimmer and texture without overpowering the layout.


Below is the finished page and some detail shots.  I added a border of patterned paper to the sides and some gold & silver thread under the photo.  I also added some machine stitching between the patterned paper and the layout.






Supplies Used:





Thanks for stopping by the Blog today!  Sometimes, things don't turn out like we plan, lots of times, but I think art is the best place for that kind of happy accident to occur!  Embrace your happy accidents!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground