FRESH EGGS - The Crafter's Workshop June 2018

Monday, June 18, 2018

Today I'm going to share a fun scrapbook layout I created inspired by the Rustic Signs stencil from The Crafter's Workshop, and the perfect timing of some awesome friends!

Below are the two stencils and the Clear Modeling Paste I used in my project.



The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.



I pulled lots of natural elements to use; kraft cardstock, cork, canvas ribbon letters and cream colored cardstocks.


Utilizing the large 'FARMHOUSE' text in the stencil, I brushed light layers of Distress Ink over the cream cardstock background, offsetting the text on every line.



I wanted to try to match the color of the ceramic egg crate to the color I used with the main title.  I mixed a couple of shades of blue acrylic with the Clear Modeling Paste. 



It was a difficult color blue to match and once I archived it, the Clear Modeling Paste was perfect to get the height and texture without diluting the color.


While the modeling paste dried, I used the 'Antique Linen' Distress Ink and a stencil brush to add some light color to the wood grain part of the 'Hard Textures' stencil.



After layering the two stenciled pieces of cardstock, I added the kraft cardstock for my title as the photo mat.  Below is the finished page and some details shots.



I added a subtitle with these canvas printed letters on ribbon and stitched them to the page.


Finishing off the page with some other embellishments, I mounted the entire background to another piece of patterned paper.



Supplies Used:

Thanks for stopping by the Blog today!  This layout was so much fun because I had a stencil that perfectly matched parts of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground