Little Black Dress Kit Club - July (part 2)

Monday, July 9, 2012

So next up on the music inspired challenges was a LO
for my daughter's Christening.  I love the new Up & Away collection
from Basic Grey and this was absolutely the perfect place to use
that paper.  The song that inspired it was a song from Madonna's
"Ray of Light" cd...the song is called "Little Star" and I used to
sing it to Sofia when she was a baby...maybe why she took a long
time to fall asleep ;)  But once asleep, she stayed that way!
Could be she didn't want to hear anymore songs...ha!



The July kit also had some of the Pretty Party collection from Crate Paper.
This yellow lace sheet has a great aqua print on the back, but I cut around
the lace as a sort of homage to the Christening gown Sofia wore.
I wanted to keep the LO as light as possible to let the photo stand out. 
I cut the clouds out with my Silhouette and then layered them over another piece
of misted cardstock.  I machine stitched "rays" down from the clouds and wrote a
couple of the song lyrics in vellum so it wouldn't cover up too much and keep it airy...
I loved the little paper doll people I cut out at the bottom...
since there were now three of us and where we are connected, it forms a heart...sniff.



My Mother brought is back from Ireland where she and her 5 brothers and
sisters all wore it.  My cousin was the last one to wear it about 30 years ago.
It is gorgeous and since then, my son wore it and my two nieces.
My Mother also made a slip underneath it that has a hem made from
some tatting that my other Grandmother had made.  We monogrammed
everyone's initials who has wore it on the bottom of the slip.



Needless to say, it is a special, special dress...It was a beautiful day and Sofia
was an angel...until after her turn was finished...then she screamed her head off.
I think she was hot in all those gorgeous layers of lace...it was July after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground