Come Fly With Me...Color-Me-Scrappy Guest DT

Thursday, January 17, 2013



This is the 3rd LO I was asked to do for Color-Me-Scrappy as part 
of being a Guest DT this month....The color palette was amazing, taken from an oyster shell.  
The challenge was to use those colors as well as either pearls or shells on the page too.  

Here is the link to their post and a peak at what the color palette looks like...


Even though a lot of my pages usually have a lot more vivid colors in them
mostly because of the kids, these are some of my favorite colors to use
in our home...I'm a neutral kind of gal...I like lots of white walls and then
splashes of colors like red or orange pillows, that way when I change my
 mind about something, I'm a little fickle, I admit it...
then all I have to do is change up some small things, not large quantities of wall paint!


Most of this LO started with all My Mind's Eye papers and pearl brads
but I needed some smaller pearls for my butterfly trail...
I LOVE that woodgrain paper from October Afternoon and 
I thought it was a nice contrast to the bright pink and green in the photo.  
Plus, I thought it was quirky to have a brown butterfly!


One of my favorite things about the color challenges from Color Me Scrappy
is that it really gives me a chance to sift through some things I wouldn't
have remembered I have, use up some of my stash and do some things I
wouldn't normally do..you know, like challenge me??  ;)
Go check it out HERE! 


1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your page is just fabulous! I love the photo so much, and you scrapped it beautifully for the challenge! Congrats on being a guest designer and thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground