Elle's Studio April DT Gallery #2 * let them eat CAKE

Tuesday, April 2, 2013


Good morning!!
This is my second layout for the April DT Gallery at Elle's Studio.
And supports my opinion about how versatile the Serendipity collection is.

If you saw my post from yesterday, the page was very girly and this
one to be is perfect for boys!  I love that grey paper and the tone on tone
pattern on it inspired me to use that triangle stencil!


This was from my son's 6th birthday party and ironically, even though this is
all about the cake, which was chocolate inside and so tall and yummy,
no one wanted it...they all wanted cupcakes.  I love cupcakes, but come on!!

Anyway, that helped me choose the title and after cutting it on my Silhouette,
I had the little dots left over from the 'cake' word...It inspired me to
punch a lot of my left over bits from Elle's other collections to make a little confetti bag
out of vellum!  I sewed it to the page along with one of the branding strips
from the bottom of a piece of the patterned paper and cut them into banners.
Counting up to SIX!


I am pleased with the way it came out and like I said, love that this collection is so versatile!
For more inspiration, check out the rest of the Design Team Gallery HERE!


Thanks for checking it out and have a happy Tuesday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground