seven - Scrapbook Circle's One Item Wonder

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

This is the last assignment I had using the Scrapbook Circle February kit - 'Hello Today!'

The photos are from my son's last birthday, which is right before Christmas.  We were so busy that planning
a party along with school activities and the holidays just didn't work out this year.  So, we let me son decide exactly what he wanted to do for his day!  We went to see The Hobbit, ate at his favorite Mexican restaurant and let him choose his own birthday cake, which had more icing than really should be allowed. He doesn't even like icing!  I think he picked it with his sister in mind...sweet bot! ;)


The assignment was to use these kraft arrow stickers from the DIY Maya Road collection.   
I love projects like this to challenge me to really think outside of the box.  I decided to use the arrows in this
sort of argyle/diamond pattern instead of actually pointing at something like I would normally use an arrow.


The angles in the arrows helped inspire this idea, as well as this piece of the Scrapbook Circle printable that
is the yellow diamond pattern to the right of the photos.  I chose the papers to coordinate along with the 
candles in my son's birthday cake.  I especially loved the pop of gold from that Studio Calico Atlantic piece of paper.  I also tried to highlight the arrows by putting a piece of flair on each.  I did use one arrow to point at
my son's age in the right branding strip from an Elle's Studio piece of paper.


The new Scrapbook Circle kit for March will be revealed today and it is really good!  Full of new release products!  

Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to come back tomorrow...
I will have a most excited project posted!!  Eeeek...can't wait!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground