#Silly - American Crafts GDT Mini Album

Thursday, February 27, 2014

One of my favorite projects I did for the Guest Designer spot at American Crafts was this mini album!
The post on American Crafts had a collage of all the pages, but I thought I would give you a closer look!

For every photo shoot, formal or informal, that I do with our kids, I have twice the silly photos as I do serious,
or posed ones.  Sometimes these are just ridiculous and for my children's benefit only...
And sometimes, they are they better, an un-posed capture of a giggle or tiny sparkle in their eyes!

I made this little album to combine some of my favorite ones.


I decided to print all the photos in black & white to really let the smiles be the dominant part of
the photo, and to let me highlight the American Crafts 'Bits,' since that was the goal!

I used a script font and die cut this title on my Silhouette from some AC Pow! Glitter paper in black.
I love that Pow! paper...it cuts so well, and has a nice muted glitter...not too glitzy, just enough!


I tried to keep the colors to just 2 or 3 to a page and used one of the circular bits on each
page to tie them together...I love this mint acetate camera from the #Summer collection!  


Some of the embellishments I let hang over the end and some I trimmed off like this pink doily bit.


I used one of the pocket envelopes with a journaling card underneath the photo
on the right to add a little note to my kids...


I also tried to reinforce the embellishments with other pieces I added to tie them
together in a more subtle way.  For example, the vellum heart banner on the right
corner of this photo to tie in the banner on the top of the round 'Bit!'


More hidden journaling on this last page of the album.
I SO love that small camera stamp from the Plus One collection!

Thanks so much for letting me share a closer look into this little album!
You can see a detailed list of all the products I used from American Crafts on the original post HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground