#XOXO & Snowmaggedon...A Closer Look - American Crafts GDT

Saturday, March 1, 2014


Happy March everyone!!
Just wanted to share a closer look at a couple of the LO's I did for the American Crafts GDT earlier this week.  


I had said in the description, the soft colors and patterns of any Dear Lizzy
collection seem to be made for a page about daughters and their Daddy's.
 
I loved these somewhat candid photos I caught of a snugly hug between my husband
and Sofia. Eventually knew I was taking them, but he didn't. 
 
 
There were so many of the AC bits that I wanted to use I decided to do just that!
 
 
I started with the photos at the top and then added the embellishments and tags
trickling down towards the bottom.
 


 
I fussy cut a couple flowers from one of the papers to layer on top of the die cut for more depth.
I also added some light pen doodles to mimic the doodles actually in the paper pattern.
 
 

This was a fun LO because this crazy snow happened right when I was working on these projects.
My husband and I can count the number of times we have seen snow in our lives, much less
this much of it.  Granted, it caused a huge problem with traffic, but for the kids, they will never
forget it!  I couldn't choose from the photos I had...so many.  SO, I make this collage with a
mix of Instagrams, phone pics and photographs from my real camera.
 
 
Since this snow/ice storm was so devastating for roads and drivers in Alabama, it lasted for
days, perfect way to use these die cuts from Amy Tangerine.  I also loved the papers of hers
with the bright polka dots and in honor of the snow, I made a few loose circles with my
gelatos on the background to tie in those colors.
 
 
I used a couple phrase stamps in matching colors and stamps different things inside those circles.
I layered some vellum under my photo collage and punched out lots of small snowflakes.
 

 
Ironically, this acetate die cut and the hashtag are from American Crafts new collection called #Summer!
Too funny.  The title is what everyone around here, including the local news was calling this crazy event!
 
Thanks for stopping by for a closer look!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. How COOL to have snow just when you wanted it!!! And I LIKE the irony!!! Love that top page, too...a special moment captured...you've done an AWESOME job with the AC papers:):)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground