Come On Get Crafty - natural beauty & A Few Favs

Saturday, November 29, 2014

This is one of those projects that working from the same collection makes the creative juices flow so easy!  I love digging through my stash and finding products to go with things I wouldn't normally think of...as well as working with an entire collection that was designed to work together.  This is one of those occasions that working with a collection, or to be more specific, with Crate Paper collections by Maggie Holmes, made everything come together super fast!

I did use some gold modeling paste and a random polka dot mask on the background patterned paper and the rest of it is almost all Maggie Holmes.  The letter stickers are from the Webster's Pages collection from Allison Kreft and I think the subtle grey works well with the black and white photos. 


Working with a collection that is made to work together, it makes layering and clustering so much easier for me.  And I love to stack up lots of layers!  I used one of the stacked paper flowers to tie in the gold and turquoise and layered it onto some vellum under the chipboard frame.  I thought it helped weight the bottom corner to balance out the title in the left corner.

One of the things I decided to do was to use the fabric frame on top of the close up photo.  Since the frame was larger than the photo and I needed to add a piece of patterned paper as a photo mat, I decided that was the perfect chance to add some hidden journaling.  I added patterned paper on the back of the fabric frame and onto the under side of the frame.  I added washi tape to be decorative and also to hold it in place, as I stitched it down with my sewing machine.  Then I wrote my journaling not to my daughter under that flap.  I love that it is interactive and a little surprise for her in the future, and it makes it a little more private.


The pieces of this collection are some of those colors and products that I will always reach for,
and will never get tired of using.  Despite trending styles, the versatility of these products makes
them valuable and easy to use. 
Thanks for stopping by the Blog today and wishing you and amazing day and week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground