#SMILE, ENJOY AND SHINE ON - Scrapbook Circle Take 2

Monday, January 19, 2015

I am sharing my Take 2 Challenge with on the Scrapbook Circle Blog today.  This is a challenge/assignment where we chose one of our previous layout from the Scrapbook Cirlce team, or another DT member's page as inspiration.  I decided to lift one of my own pages from last January.  Some of the colors in this months kit, All You Need is Love, remind me of the January 2014 colors and papers.
SBC_#SMILE ENJOY AND SHINE ON_Jan 2015 border
For my layout last year, I used several different patterns in varying sizes to build a base for one black and white photo.  Since one of my reasons for lifting this layout below was the colors, I printed my photo in black and white again.
NEVER TOO LATE TO mend_SBC_January 2014 title copy
For this month’s page, I used the same general layout design, replacing a couple blocks with a journaling card and with a piece of cardstock, the exclusive heart stencil and some tinted modeling paste.
SBC_#SMILE ENJOY AND SHINE ON_Jan 2015 (1)
I even used misted wood veneers in the same spot as the previous layout, except these are another Scrapbook Circle exclusive that is part of the January kit.  I finished off the page with some teal ink splatters and word stickers for my title.
SBC_#SMILE ENJOY AND SHINE ON_Jan 2015 (4)
Sometimes, we are so busy looking for inspiration in galleries, blogs and Pinterest, that we forget the best inspiration might be in our own scrapbooks already!  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have an amazing day!

2 comments:

  1. That's so true about inspiration close to home!!! LOOOVE those pink hearts & the way you've used the rectangles on your design....lovely page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way that you used the stencil!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground