SMILE FAST - Come On Get Crafty & #tbt Video!

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hi there everyone!  I am so excited about the new topic for a weekly post at Come On Get Crafty!  Old / New
is to combine new products with older stash together in layout, card or other project.  I love that idea, especially since I really need to work through some stash! ;)  I decided to just focus on several collections from Crate Paper, 2 older ones and 2 newer ones.  This is the layout I came up with...

 
Click below for the process video I made:


I was looking through my stash and really wanted to use the Crate paper square overlays from the older
'Close Knit' collection.  They gave me the idea to use lots of squares in different sizes, whether in patterned
paper, overlays, or the photos themselves.  I chose papers from the 'Close Knit' and 'Flea Market' collection
for my older stash and then paired it with stickers and chipboard from the 'Notes and Things' and 'Kiss Kiss' collections.
I used tinted modeling paste on a doily shaped mask for some texture and color on my
white cardstock base.  I also decided it would be fun to have the patterns in the papers have
circular elements within the square shape to provide some contrast.
I used dimensional adhesive to mount my photos onto some of the patterned paper or overlay squares.
After getting the main grid of photos and papers adhered, I embellished using the new collections
in chipboard and stickers.
Using the same manufacturer, but varying collections is great because the colors are all based in the same hue.
The pinks are all different with the same hue, working well together.  I love using all the latest products and seeing all the new innovative designs on the market!  It is also great, using some of my favorite pieces that have been
hoarded or hadn't found the perfect project to grace!

Thanks for stopping by the blog today and hope you have an amazing day!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground