Blue Bird - Art Journal The Crafter's Workshop { & video }

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Today I wanted to share an art journal spread I did for The Crafter's Workshop and the video of my process.BlueBird_TCW_Aug 2015 Final
You can click below or HERE to go the video on my YouTube Channel.
I used the 3 different stencils that are linked below.
TCW540StripedFlowerCircle TCW504PebbleArtFlyAway
I started by adding lots of yellows, oranges and pinks to my art journal using gelatos and mists.  I used a thick layer of modeling paste with the Striped Flower Stencil.  I went over the stenciled part several times with colored pencil, watercolor crayons and gesso to help add definition and tone down the color.
BlueBird_TCW_Aug 2015 (16)
I added another layer of detail using the Doodling Pebble Art stencil with ink and paint.  The last stencil I used is the 12×12 Fly Away, using a sponge dauber and Archival Ink.
BlueBird_TCW_Aug 2015 (19)
I added color to the bird and a little around the rest of the pages with Distress Inks and a brush.  I finished up the spread with lots of black & white doodles and dots and this stamp I love!
BlueBird_TCW_Aug 2015 (17)
The new Summer Release 2015 stencils are shipping now and they are SO cool!
I can't wait to get my hands on a few of them!!  You can get a peak HERE!

Thanks for stopping by the Blog and have an amazing day!
Stencils used:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground