Scrapbook Circle Tech. Tip - March 2016

Friday, March 11, 2016


Hi everyone!  Scrapbook Circle has a couple new posts that we’ll be exploring this year.  One of the new posts is our Tech. Tip.  Using the new March ‘Oh Happy Day’main kit and the ‘Good Vibes’ Add-on I created this page about my son’s Lego obsession!
hello_Tech Tip_SBC_March 2016 border
I knew the colors I wanted to use and knew that this green glittered washi from Amy Tan would be a part of those colors.  I didn’t really want to use the black Thicker phrases since my layout was navy, so I decided to use the washi in a different way!  I used a piece of this green patterned paper from Basic Grey to lay down a couple inches of washi strips onto.  If any of the washi moved, the paper would help conceal that.
hello_Tech Tip_SBC_March 2016 (5)
I was inspired to chose this ‘hello’ metal die because of the fun curly die cuts from Pinkfresh Studio.  Using my Big Shot machine, I cut out the word twice, planning to build up the thickness a bit.
hello_Tech Tip_SBC_March 2016 (10)
I adhered the finished title to an Elle’s Studio label for contrast.  The green was a perfect match to the other pieces from the kit!
hello_Tech Tip_SBC_March 2016 (27)
I had used the 12×12 digital cut file that is a grid of tiny stars and misted it with a navy Color Shine.  Finally, I added lots of other layers under my photo strip and embellishments to finish of the page!
 hello_Tech Tip_SBC_March 2016 (24)
I hope you enjoyed this little Tip and that it may inspire you to use some of your washi in a new way!  Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground