LIVE A colorful LIFE - The Crafter's Workshop June

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Hi there!  Today I am sharing a simple scrapbook layout using a 12×12 stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and gel medium as a resist for paint.


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
This large doodling stencil looks like a giant postmark stamp to me and a bit like a ring left from a drink on the table.  I thought it would be great for a vacation photo and decided to use a photo from a beach trip a couple years ago.




I used this matte gel medium and a small palette knife to apply the gel onto a piece of white cardstock.  I didn’t apply it too thick, but did cover all of the stencil.


After the gel dried completely, I used several mists in various colors of blue and teal.  As soon as I misted over the cardstock with paint, I used a baby wipe to wipe the paint off the stenciled area.



The gel looked like thick white paint and all the mist wiped right off.  It acted as a perfect resist medium.  I cut my photo down to a small square to fit inside the frame part of the stencil.



I trimmed down one side and added some patterned paper on one side.  I added a couple die cut tags and circles, puffy stickers and a couple date stamps.


This will definitely become a new favorite technique to use with my stencils!
Thanks for stopping by today!  You can follow the link below to the stencils I used:
STENCIL Used:

1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground