LOVE & STUFF - Scrapbook Circle January

Friday, January 13, 2017

This week on the Scrapbook Circle Blog, I participated with DT member Kelly Holbrook in the 1 Product 2 Ways post.  Using the Simple Stories ‘Love & Adore’ stickers from the January ‘Love Notes’ kit, I used the stickers in a traditional layout.  


I love the watercolor stripes in this paper from Simple Stories, and as much as I loved the fragmented heart graphic, I really wanted to focus on the paint stripes.  I cut out the heart, saving it for another project, and adhered a piece of plain white cardstock behind it.


   I added both pieces to another piece of patterned paper for a border.  Using the color from the border and matching it as much as possible, I painted a watercolor stripe across the layered background and foreground of the heart.

Then I layered all kinds of the Simple Stories stickers, color blocking, with the printed paint stripes.  I added a couple stripes of paint at the bottom to add my title with the Simple Stories Alphas, part of that same sticker package.


 I hope this approach inspire you to use the the Simple Stories stickers in an interesting or graphic way!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground