Art Journal - Eclipse!

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Hello everyone.  I wanted to share this Art Journal spread from the day of the recent Eclipse! Because of all the excitement surrounding the Eclipse and the fun activities the kids have been doing in school, I thought it would be appropriate to create an Art Journal spread to celebrate this amazing event!Below are the stencils I used as well as the mixed media products.
     
                                   
            
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.
I am excited to be able to have some other fun products to play with as well.  I used the Mixed Media lightweight Sheets from iCraft that almost translucent.I used several of The Crafter’s Workshop Heavy Body Acrylics and a small stencil brush to add an blend of gradient colors through this 6×6 text stencil.I knew I wanted the colors to start in blues and darken to violet and finally black.  While this dried, I prepped my art journal pages with the White Gesso.After it dried, I tore pieces of the stenciled sheet and adhered them to the page using The Crafter’s Workshop Gel Matte Medium.I used the remaining paint to continue the look up to the top of the pages and let it dry completely.Finally, I used my favorite stencil from the newest release and my favorite medium, the Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste to add stars and constellations to my night sky!At this point, I really wanted to stop, because I just loved the way it looked.  But I had a fun quote I found on Instagram that I wanted to use…
I taped off a piece of this Lacy Tiles stencil and used the iCraft Deco Foil Transfer Gel over just the center piece.After waiting 2 hours for the transfer gel to dry I applied a piece of the Mixed Media Transfer Foil from Rebekah Meier Designs and ThermOWeb in ‘Old Gold’ to the stenciled area.I then used the ‘Black Licorice’ acrylic paint over the foil.Stamping out my quote I adhered it using the Gel Medium.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope this inspired you to try some mixed media pages and new products in a fun way!
STENCILS Used:
TCW9012 – Gel Medium Matte

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni..I tell you this is absolute perfection! Every layer and detail is superb..thanks so much for including our iCraft Mixed Media Sheets, Deco Foil Transfer Gel and Foils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for sharing them with us!!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground