'happy AUTUMN' Card for Tonic Studios

Friday, October 26, 2018

Hello!!  I am so excited today to share my first Tonic Studios USA Design Team project!

I loved this whimsical tree metal die from Tonic Studios and decided to use that as my inspiration for a Fall card.  Starting in October, I have an overwhelming need to use glitter paper and glittery embellishments, from Halloween through Valentines!  So, I grabbed this taupe-ish glitter paper.


Tonic Studios provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.

You can click on the video below o see my process or HERE to go directly to my YouTube Channel.


I had originally planned to to use the die cut and have the glitter paper as the shadowed paper behind the face of the card.  I began by watercoloring a light wash of warm colors on some watercolor paper.  After cutting the face out of that paper, I decided it might be interesting to use the glitter paper as an inlay instead.



After cutting the same piece of glitter cardstock with this Dot & Drop Die from Tonic Studios, I decided to inlay the pieces.  I used several of the new Nuvo Vintage Drops in the places that the die embosses for them.  It is perfect for a newbie to these drops like I am.  The new Vintage Drops are all matte and are in the loveliest  soft colors.


I finished the card off by using some off the Nuvo Embossing Powder in Copper Blush, along with the Nuvo Embossing Ink Pad, to heat emboss a sentiment on vellum.  I added it under the tree panel that I mounted onto a layer of brown cardstock and then the heavy card base.



Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you check out the video and subscribe for new content and inspiration!  A complete list of linked supplies from Tonic Studios is listed below.
I hope you all have an amazing weekend and are inspired to create a little bit of Fall in a project too!

Supplies Used:

Tonic Studios Time Holtz - East Clean Mat
Tonic Studios Tim Holtz- Retractable Craft Pic
Tonic Studios Dot & Drop Die - Twirling Branches
Tonic Studios - Funky Tape Runner
Nuvo Fine Detail Embossing Powder - Copper Blush
Nuvo Vintage Drops - Chocolate Chip
Nuvo Vintage Drops – Postbox Red
Nuvo Vintage Drops - Saddle Bag
Tonic Studios Tim Holtz - 12.25" Maxi Guillotine
Nuvo Embossing Pad





No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground