WANNA.BE

Saturday, April 13, 2013


This just makes me giggle...
We had a face painter for Sofia's birthday and even Shawn and I got ours done.
Of course, he wanted something rockin' and tattooish!

I mostly used the Scrapbook Circle April kit which is full of some of the
newest papers and embellishments.  Including these translucent mint green
acrylic letters...so cool.  And part of their current challenge found HERE.


At first glance it really isn't masculine but the papers turned out to be super
versatile and I managed to make this kit called "Happy Place" into a manly LO!
The kit also had these wood veneer word arrows & bubbles that are awesome!


I added the circle wood veneers to reemphasize the triangles in that paper by Basic Grey.
I had planned to use a mask and mist the background kind of grungy and graffiti-ish,
but had this scrap I had been testing ink colors with on my desk.
I thought it would make a great background with the contrast and appropriate
since in another lifetime, Shawn will be the rock star he wants to be!

Until then...he'll have to settle for being the lead guitar or drummer for the
band which includes himself and our two children!  I am not in the band.
I wanted to be the singer, but Sofia is better for that job, so I guess
I am band manager/roadie/groupie & the one who asks them to turn it down! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground