Love My Tapes - Wednesday Post!

Wednesday, May 1, 2013


** If you are looking for the Love My Tapes/Pretty Little Studio Blog Hop click HERE**

Ok, I realize it is almost NOT Wednesday, but being the first of the month there
are lots of posts, and happenings and NSD this weekend AND the
Love My Tapes/Pretty Little Studio Blog Hop (still going on btw, see above!)

One of the new fabric tapes at Love My Tapes is this gorgeous yellow, 
grey & white chevron tape.  I love the colors, and it is chevron, AND it reminded
me of this patterned paper in the Studio Calico Snippets collection!


I started  by cutting a background with my Silhouette out of white card stock.
I loved the variation of some corners being rounded and some not.  
It was inspired from the photo of my son swinging in our very rigid square of gravel, 
but the swing that curves around whatever size little person sits there! ;)  
Along that same curved line the geo tag and astrology chart were inspired...


I love highlighting a negative cut out with patterned paper or in this case, 
the red star washi that was a perfect match, to my son's shirt, to the yellow swing 
seat & card stock I cut it from, to the stars in the astrology paper!  


I used each cut out piece from the frame background, and cut it a little smaller 
to have a black border underneath.  I layered the fabric tape onto that 
card stock and rounded the corners!  I love that it "goes" but doesn't match exactly.
It just looks like more patterned paper!  

I finished off the background taping it with some of my favorite grey & white
 dot washi from LMT at the corners onto this 12x12 map print. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope this inspired you to use washi or fabric tapes in a new way!

Check out the LMT BLOG for all the innovative ideas from the other DT girls!
AND, check out Love My Tapes on Pinterest....
I am constantly amazed at how versatile these products really can be!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground