family...Color Combos Galore Challenge #247

Thursday, July 18, 2013


 Just like everything in life these days, I am either feeling a little creatively bored,
 (i.e. procrastinating) or I am literally overflowing with ideas and just want to lock 
myself in my craft room for a couple days...hope that doesn't sound too manic, 
but the bored procrastination is really my need to clean up my craft room!  
It is a complete mess and hard to get comfy with all the piles.
Ok, so I am energetic, bored, messy and OCD all together...is there such a thing?
I am going to go with busy mom of two with the normal crazy business our life entails!
That sounds good!  ;)

Anyway, (there is a point) every so often I get so inspired I do (or try to) drop 
everything and run create something, sketch or at least write out my thoughts...
I saw Stephanie Bryan's DT layout for the Color Combos Galore blog the other day and 
was so inspired!  I wasn't a member of that blog, but the colors were divine and found myself
immediately gathering things together for this Challenge!


I used this gorgeous paper from Pretty Little Studio that is the wood grain hearts as the background.
I'll admit, I have been hoarding it, because I really didn't want to cut it up.  Lots of other bits of 
Dear Lizzy & My Mind's Eye. In fact, honestly, the color scheme screamed My Mind's Eye to me!


The way their challenges work is to use all the colors and then take something from one of the 
photos as inspiration for embellishments or whatever.  I used several pieces from the photos as 
inspiration for my page: twine, doilies, clothes pins, metal, repetitive items, stamping on tags and hearts! 


These are my two nieces and our kids on Mother's Day.  
To get all four of them to look at the camera, without a silly face anyway, really calls for 
an alignment of the stars!!  So, when it does happen, it needs to be documented!

Thanks for stopping by and go check out their blog...it is really interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground