my HERO - Scrapbook Circle November

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Good morning!  I wanted to share a layout I did using the November ‘Home Sweet Home’ kit and some of the Add-On kit ‘My Happy Place.’


A great sign of a well put together kit is being able to use the same kit for masculine, feminine and neutral pages.  So, I decide to "man up!"
I have had this photo (a REAL Polaroid) up on my board for years.  It is of my husband with one of his oldest and closest friends from college.  The photo captures their real, true, honest smiles and I love that it was taken off center.

There is a recurrent theme of triangles in this kit, in the form of papers, embellishments, exclusive die-cuts and the stencil that work perfectly with those…I love the retro colors and pattern of this background paper from Basic Grey and  matching canvas feather.

I wanted to grunge it up a bit using the stencil and the exclusive stamp from the October Kit.  I used some chalkboard paint to provide contrast and bring out the blacks in the photo.  I used the stencil with modeling paste that I left white and it really popped on the chalkboard paint.  Scrapbook Circle has begun adding exclusive die-cuts as part of their kits.  One of my favorite ways to customize my pages is to cut lots of these digital files on white cardstock and then watercolor them to match the page or a piece of my project.


My favorite part of this page is this sticker that is from Fancy Pants that says “THINK HAPPY, BE HAPPY.”  That embodies these smiles to me!
Make sure that you stop by the Idea Gallery to see how the other girls were inspired using the same products and share your creation with us on the Scrapbook Circle Facebook Page!
Thanks for stopping by today to see my manly tribute ;)

4 comments:

  1. Love this layout Jenni! The background pp is super cool!
    Off to PIN :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! Always so supportive feedback! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey there, Jenni Calma....love this! And the colour palette is NOT so different from the one up at Scrap Friends that you GD'd on....speaking of, I hope it's OK, I featured your LO from SF on my blog...I like to 'spread' the loooove & do this each challenge we have going:):) Let me know if you're NOT ok with that, of course...& I like the 'off centred-ness' of this pic, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring on the love! I sent you an email too. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground