LIFTED - Kreative Koncepts May Sketch Challenge & DT Inspiration

Thursday, May 1, 2014

I can NOT believe it is May 1st!!  Seriously, where has the year gone??
The new Sketch Challenge at Kreative Koncepts (formerly Scrapfriends to some of you scrappy peeps)
is up today and has inspired the DT to make a very inspiring and vastly different take on it.  


Here is the lovely sketch and you can get to the original post by clinking HERE!


I wanted to use this paper from Studio Calico and it just so happened to go with the Instagrams my husband took that night.  We went to see John Legend and the tickets were a gift to each other for Valentine's.
It was at one of the coolest venues in the city and the lighting was just spectacular!


Even though this is officially called the "All Of Me" tour, I used Lifted, since his song 'Get Lifted' is one of my favs!  I followed the sketch pretty close, some stencil misting and modeling paste on the background first.
I stamped a text stamp in silver ink onto a light blue vellum and cut the strips up as a banner across the page.


I opted for these instaframes and square photos instead of the round because I didn't want to
cut too much of of the photo...and I had wanted to include the tickets as well.  Lots of chipboard
and glitter dots, some stitching and this butterfly die cut I painted on top of finished it off!


Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out all the fabulous pages from the DT as well ans the Guest Designers this month!  And upload your take on the sketch to the Blog so we can all share in your creation!

Happy May and have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Cool funky layout, love the use of the vellum banners.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground