Scrapbook Circle July DT Choice

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Last week I shared my favorite layout, like the name, made with the July ‘You Are My Favorite’ kit on the Scrapbook Circle Blog.  It has the most amazing collection of papers in the kit.
SOMETHING SIMPLE_SBC_July 2015 border
This was the one of the last pages I made and honestly my mojo was waning, but I started by watercoloring different flowers on this Craft Market paper by Crate Paper.  The paper is just cream with the flowers outlined so I decided to play and see what happened.  I had the Paper Add-On because there are so many amazing patterns in the July kit, so I thought if I didn’t like it I would still have an extra.
SOMETHING SIMPLE_SBC_July 2015 (9)
The paper actually warped a bit from all the water so I decided to fussy cut out the flowers.  I really couldn’t bear to cut this other paper from Crate with the all the text in rainbow order.  It actually inspired the way everything else came together.  I didn’t want to take away from the colors in the paper so I re-printed this photo in black and white and made it really large.  I aligned all the colored flowers and leaves with the text and added a couple other embellishments, puffy stickers and wood veneers from the ‘That Was Fun’ Add-On.
SOMETHING SIMPLE_SBC_July 2015 (10)
I really love the way this page turn out!  I didn’t have to cut up that beautiful paper, I got to play with my watercolors and the photo is still the focus.  Sometimes, I think the best way to get out of a crafting slump is just to work thru it and let the products speak to you!  Thanks for stopping by the Blog today and I hope my struggle has helped inspire you.
Have an amazing day!

1 comment:

  1. Have to agree - just keep plugging away and often magic happens. Like here. Gorgeous page. Love that large photo juxtaposed against the pp on the Left. Brill!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground