The Crafter's Workshop - Stenciling Your Own Diecuts

Friday, August 28, 2015

This is the project I shared on The Crafter's Workshop Blog earlier this week!

 I love diecuts and using them to layer under photos or cluster together.  I thought this ‘Cabbage Roses’ stencil would be great, fussy cut to make my own diecuts.  I used a couple other stencils to create the background on a piece of vanilla cardstock.LOVE (& hope)_TCW_Aug 2015 final
You can click below or HERE to go the video on my YouTube Channel.
I used different stencils that are linked below. (the Word Association Template in 2 different sizes)
WordAssociation TCW514CabbageRoses tinycircles
To begin, I misted the background using the ‘Tiny Circles’ stencil in teal and gold mist.  I used plain white modeling paste with both the 6×6 and 12×12 ‘Word Association’ stencil on top of the misted background.  I wanted to keep it subtle and make sure the photo and the roses were the focus.
I used different shades of pinks and peaches to color the rose petals in Distress Ink and other ink pads. I used the same technique with the green leaf stencil and cut them all out leaving a small white border.
LOVE (& hope)_TCW_Aug 2015 (7)
I mounted the vanilla cardstock onto a piece of wood grained patterned paper.  After creating a cluster underneath my photo, I stitched through the border, flowers and other embellishments.  I added some other stickers and splatters to finish it off.LOVE (& hope)_TCW_Aug 2015 (10)
Thanks for stopping by the Blog and have an amazing day!
Stencils used:

1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground