SERIOUSLY - Heart Stitched Paper Challenge

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Hi there everyone!
I have had a busy month and trying to get caught up in my personal blog posts has proved more difficult lately!  With this girl in the 6th grade and last year at her school, things are gearing up to be one crazy, busy Spring!

This is the layout I created for the Scrapbook Circle Stitched Heart Challenge. The assignment was to use this heart stitched paper as inspiration and I chose something a little different.


In using this black and white photo, I gave myself room to really play with pattern and color using the February 'Only You' main kit and 'Date Night' Add-On. I decided to use the stitched heart paper as a sort of frame for my photo and add random stitching underneath.


Using dimensional adhesive under my photo let me tuck lots of cards, embellishments and stickers around and under my photo cluster. I even used the gold dot glassine bag that held the tiny pink metallic hearts in the kit as an embellishment itself.


Using several colors of reds and pinks I stitched a random criss-cross pattern in a square pattern onto the black and white striped paper.  After trimming out the square inside the stitched heart paper, I laid it over the stitching and used my sewing machine to add stability and a border.


It's a bit chaotic and I would still like to do a layout with traditional stitched hearts, but it was fun to try something completely different!  Hope you all have a seriously awesome hump day!


2 comments:

  1. Love those alphas....the glassine bag looks fabulous & the colours in here with the ephemera are so, sooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page!! LOVE the colors and that stitched paper!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground