CREATE - The Crafter's Workshop

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Hi there everyone!  Today I'm sharing another fun & different way to use your stencils that I posted for The Crafter's Workshop earlier this month.


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.


I basically used this 12×12 stencil as a stamp for creating a large background I then heat embossed with white embossing powder.


I used a piece of 140lb. watercolor paper and saturated the entire stencil “Tiled Flower”  using this jumbo embossing ink pad.



I put a piece of chipboard over the stencil and used a brayer to make sure I transferred as much of the embossing ink to the watercolor paper.


After adding white embossing powder to the entire piece of paper, I melted it with my heat gun and watched the pattern emerge!  It is like watching magic for me!


Then I began the slow, but fun process of watercoloring the flowers and leaves in the pattern!



After it was all painted and dried, I added some gold stickles over the flower centers.


I laminated the painted product in order to make it more sturdy and finished looking.  I adhered the laminated piece to a 9×11 piece of chipboard.


I decided it needed one more detail, adding some gold embossing paste onto a sticker in the bottom right corner.


Finally, I used a binding machine to bind my chipboard covers and the heavy white cardstock I cut to make a custom journal!  This is the final finished book here!  I am so excited by the way it turned out and love finding new ways to use my stencils.


You can follow the link below to the stencils I used:
STENCILS Used:
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground