favorite - Tech. Tip Scrapbook Circle September 2016

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hello friends!  I am sharing a creation from Scrapbook Circle last month, giving a few ideas of how to get more out of your digital cut files.  The September cut file is a lovely background of repeating hexagons.
favorite_sbc_septmeber-2016-border
I began by enlarging the scale of the cut file by about 1-1/2 times the size of the 12" file in the Silhouette software.  I cut the file out of plain white cardstock and trimmed it down to about 9"x9."
hexagons_-sbc_september-2016-1
I misted it with two different colors of Color Shine, Peach & Blush, blending them slightly.hexagons_-sbc_september-2016-3
I placed the misted piece where I planned to adhere it and used the piece that was cut off to trace the hexagon shapes onto the background cardstock.hexagons_-sbc_september-2016-5
I used the punch tool from an Amy Tangerine stitching kit to punch the outline of all the hexagons I traced.
hexagons_-sbc_september-2016-6
I used 3 different colors of embroidery thread, from light to dark, to stitch the hexagons I traced.
hexagons_-sbc_september-2016-12
I used the negative pieces punched out of the Cut File,  to add dimension to the background.  Using Distress Ink I added some color to a few of the hexagon pieces.
hexagons_-sbc_september-2016-16
I used dimensional adhesive to adhere the photo to the misted cut file background.  I also used dimensional adhesive to add the inked pieces to the background, corresponding to the pattern.
favorite_sbc_septmeber-2016-6
A few pieces of the Pinkfresh Studio 6x6 patterned paper were added behind a couple of the hexagonal openings.favorite_sbc_septmeber-2016-border
I love the way this layout developed, using one piece as a tool and inspiring the pattern it became.  I hope this inspires you to take a different look at your die cut backgrounds.  They can be used in so many ways, only limited to your imagination!
Thanks or stopping by the Blog and I hope you have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground