IMAGINE - The Crafter's Workshop October LO

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hi everyone!  I am excited to share this layout I created for The Crafter's Workshop, with a photo from our recent beach trip.  I took this photo from a sunset picnic and it inspired the use of this tiny stencil ‘Remnant’ called Sun Flare.


The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project.  The opinions I share are solely my own.


I started by brushing an even layer of the Black Gesso onto a piece of plain white textured cardstock.  This Gesso is really great because it dries so quickly and doesn’t warp the paper very much.


The Black Gesso is a nice Matte finish and almost looks like chalkboard paint.  It also really highlights the Gold so well.


I mixed the Gold Gesso with the plain Modeling Paste and used it with the small ‘Sun Flare Remnant’ stencil by Rebekah Meier.


After the gold dried, I used the 12×12 ‘Inspired Words’ to stencil the word IMAGINE vertically down the page, using the ‘Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste.’


This Light & Fluffy paste is the most awesome medium to work with!


I added lots of painted wood veneers over and around the photo and stenciled areas.


I loved using the Sun Flare stencil along with this photo of the sun setting behind my daughter…love using the inspiration and the literal symbolism together.


I wanted to keep the layout simple with just a few colors.  I thought the Black Gesso would make a wonderfully dramatic background for the Gold Gesso and the colors from the photo.


Thanks so much for stopping by the Blog today!
STENCILS Used:
TCW2115 – Doodling Template Sun Flare Remnant
TCW585 – 12×12 Doodling Template Inspiring Words

1 comment:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground