Learning To Fly - Art Journal Tribute - October 2017

Friday, October 20, 2017

Hi there crafty friends!  Today, I am sharing a new spread in my art journal that is very special to me.  Recently, one of my all time favorite musicians, Tom Petty, passed away suddenly.  His music was such a big part of so many important events in my life.  I felt I needed to document his music and loss in some way.  I loved the movement in this stencil, like music notes and lyrics rising and falling and this is the result!
The Crafter’s Workshop provided me with some product to create this project. The opinions I share are solely my own.
I used the one 12×12 stencil below as well as these mediums.
    The Crafters Workshop - Modeling Paste - Light and Fluffy - 8 Ounces
These are some of the mediums I gathered to create my spread. I prepped the pages using the White Gesso then added some watered down Distress Inks, using plastic cling film.
After the inks dried, I laid out the stencil, placing it so it would be mirrored about the spine.  I traced the lines on the pages at the points where the stencil pattern changes.I painted areas into the pattern alternating between the Gold and Silver Gesso. After the Gesso dried, I added a fairly thick layer of the Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste to the right page.Next, I repeated the same thing on the left side of the pages.The inks seemed a little more washed out than I wanted, so I added some more watered down Distress Ink over the top pf the blue areas.Finally, I started adding lines with different widths of black markers.
I continued adding lots of lines and details around the stencil design and most importantly, wrote lyrics to one of my favorite songs along the top and and bottom.The chorus contains four lines, so between the two areas of lyrics, I added each line of the chorus between the modeling paste.I had so much fun creating this art journal spread and it was a great way for me to spend some time reliving some precious memories using a little art therapy.Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share something a little more personal.  I hope this inspires you to remember a special memory.
Stencils Used:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground