Lesson Obsession - Part 3 - with Danielle Donaldson

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Sharing the 3rd post in my work inspired by workshops and/or books by Danielle Donaldson, today is all about florals and lots of color.


This piece was inspired by one of the lessons in the latest book, called Painted Peonies and I love the way it turned out!  I struggled with it after the painting part, because it really needed the texture of the ribbon & thread I eventually added, similar to Danielle's.


I tried so hard to keep the colors fresh and bright and changed my water often to help that...something I hardly ever do!


Next I tried out the Compass Hearts, featured in a mini-course 'Be Still.'  I absolutely loved this lesson!  It was SO calming, yet invigorating and I created so many pieces after watching it.  Below are the two I like most...


Although I felt the colors in this piece turned out much brighter than I would have liked, I still loved the movement and freshness.


This second Compass Heart, using more subtle, almost monochromatic colors, turned out completely different but I love it all the same.  The process is so relaxing and therapeutic!


Thanks for coming back to see more of the lessons I have been pursuing in my spare time!
I have one more post, for now, with recent inspired watercolor projects to post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground