Sparkly Shaker Cards - Tonic Studios November 2018

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Hello crafty friends!  Happy Thanksgiving weekend, for those in the U.S.!
Today, I am going to share a couple cards I created for Tonic Studios using loads of their products and one very anticipated just released one!


I wanted to create two cards that was similar in the overall design but with two very different color schemes.  I planned to center each card around the Circle Die & Shaker Set from Tonic that is such a great idea and easy way to create shaker cards.

Tonic Studios provided me with products but the ideas and opinions are totally my own.
*Compensated affiliate links used*



You can click the above to watch the video or HERE to go directly to my YouTube channel.

I used the Nuvo Hybrid Inks and the Nuvo stencil brushes to blend a background from pale turquoise to lavender on my base piece of cardstock.  I used a stencil from The Crafter's Workshop and the Fine Detail Embossing Powder to add the snowflakes onto my blended background.  I used several types of the 'Let It Snow' confetti inside the shaker. 


I finished up the card by adding a heat embossed sentiment in silver and some of the Nuvo Crystal Drops.


The next card had the same basic setup.  I created a patterned background to accent the circle shaker as an ornament.  I used the just released Expanding Mousse from Nuvo in Bramley Green over a holly leaf stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.  It is a really innovative product that has lots of uses.  Check out the video for the details about it!

 

I die cut a sentiment from this Mirror Card in red from Tonic and mounted it onto the vellum border piece of the same "Merry Christmas" sentiment die.

Using the circle die from the shaker set, I used it to be the background of my ornament.  I again used several of the Nuvo confetti in the 'Jingle Bells' set.  I added a piece of twine to my ornament and some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Gold where the holly berries would be.  Lastly, I mounted the entire piece onto Pistachio Green cardstock and then onto my card base.


I really love how festive this second card turned out!  These Die &  Shaker sets come in other shapes too...think I may need to get my hands on some of those!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I appreciate all the support and hope you check out the video as well.  Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground