Cards for Creativation - Tonic Studios

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Today, I am going back in time a little bit to share a couple cards I created a few months back for the Tonic Studios booth at Creativation in January.  I wanted to feature the new metal panel dies combined with a some different Nuvo mediums.


I filmed my process which can view by clicking on the video below or HERE to go directly to my YouTube Channel.


For this 'hello' card, I used two of the Nuvo Shimmer Powders in Green Parade and Atlantis Burst on some of the Craft Perfect watercolor cardstock.  Once it dried, I used the 'Sunflower Array' panel die to cut out this intricate layer for the top of my card.


I mounted it onto some white cardstock, a layer of foam and finally a piece of pink patterned paper.
Next, I took the 'hello' Sentiment Strip die to cut out a piece of watercolor paper I had colored with a couple of the watercolor pencils.


I layered the sentiment onto a piece of vellum cut from the border that is part of the sentiment strip and adhered it to the front of the die cut panel.  To finish off the card, I added a few white sequins into the center of some of the flowers.

For this thank you card, I used the Nuvo Expanding Mousse in 'Boatyard Blue' & 'Misted Mauve' in a thick layer onto some plain cardstock.  I heated up the mousse to expand it and create that dimensional texture that the mousse is named for.


I die cut the moussed piece using the 'Classic Quatrefoil' panel die and the coordinating border.  I leave some of the pieces in place and popped some out.  I used some 3D foam squares onto the parts of the panel I left in place and adhered it to a piece of white Pearlescent Cardstock.


I used the same idea with the 'thanks' Sentiment Strip die using the vellum as the border.  I cut the sentiment itself out of some cardstock I colored using the 'Imperial Blue' & 'Silver Mist' Shimmer Markers from Nuvo.  I cut the sentiment twice to stack and give a little bit of blue shadow under silver one.


Thanks for stopping by the Blog today and I hope you check out the video as well!  Below is a list of the products I used, some of which are affiliate based, and at no cost to you to link to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground