the good stuff...Scrapbook Circle September Kit (a little late!)

Thursday, October 3, 2013

A layout I did for the DT Idea Gallery at Scrapbook Circle last month.
The post didn't go up on their blog until the end of September, so technically, I'm not too late! ;)
This was my "Designer's Choice" project and I chose to feature this lovely woodgrain
paper and all the cork in the September Kit-Photo Goes Here!


  In the South we take college football very seriously and since it is that time of year, I thought this photo would be perfect to scrap!  Even though our team colors are not black, white or blue, I thought they would provide an awesome contrast to all the orange!  I had to keep that wood grain paper in one piece and sewed strips of the black and white strips & stars down to anchor my photo.
I used my Silhouette to die cut my title out of the cork paper included in the kit.
I wanted the title to tie in the cork arrows from Fancy Pants.
I loved the transparent frames from Basic Grey that are part of the September Add-On kit, appropriately called Snapshot!  Since my photo was a landscape pic I just tucked it under like a photo mat and used it to make a little subtitle.   Whether you love wood grain or SEC football, we would love to see your creations on the Scrapbook Circle Facebook page!  And check out how the other DT member used their cork and wood grain HERE

Even though the October Kit is in full swing, there are still September Kits available!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground