Scrapbook Circle November Kit Inspired Challenge - Polka Dots!

Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy Monday everyone!
I wanted to share my layout for the November Kit Inspired Challenge at Scrapbook Circle, which is to
use polka dots.  As you can see below, the November kit, 'Little Moments,' is full of patterned
paper with polka dots in all shapes and colors.  More than that, my photo was the main inspiration!


My mother is an avid golfer and although i only play a handful of times a year, the Fall always marks a time that we play together, the weather being perfect for several hours outside.  I took this Instagram photo on the driving range one day and loved the contrast and composition!  Perfect for polka dots and lots of textured layers...


I started with a piece of kraft cardstock that I painted a thin layer of gesso onto using a brayer.
Then, I ran a large polka dot roller stamp over the white paint.  I wanted it to look a little messy
and unplanned contrasting the perfect patterned in the paper.


I used two different sized punches on several of the papers included in both the November Main kit
and the 'Sweetness' Add-on which had the 6x6 pad from Heidi Swapp's September Skies collection.
After layered the circles on top of each other, I added several stickers or acetate pieces.
I stitched an uneven border around the outside and through several circle clusters.


The prize for this Challenge is a $25.00 gift certificate to The Cut Shoppe, just for playing along.
See the original challenge post HERE for more information.
Have an amazing day and start to this week!

1 comment:

  1. love how bright this is! AND, you have inspired me to MAYBE do some circles from time to time; they seriously challenge me for some weird reason!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground