the LONG & WINDING ROAD

Monday, December 10, 2012

 
This photo was taken just a few days ago, on a scooter/bike ride we
went on on Veteran's Day, or the day observed as Veteran's Day.
It was a beautiful fall day, even though most of the leaves
are already past their colors, the grasses here were a nice golden shade.
 
It actually looks like we were all alone, but in fact the Greenway was
pretty crowded, just not at this bend. 
I used the color scheme for a current challenge at Color-Me-Scrappy
that has a lovely palette of soft colors, kind of a nice break after
seeing all the reds and greens. 
Here is the link to their post for Challenge #19:
 
 
I have said before that I love their challenges, because I love patterns
and color and combined things I would never have normally thought of before.
Plus, I can combine manufacturers in any way I want! 
And it usually leads to some interesting ideas. 
 

 
 
I didn't love this page at first, still not sure if I got the colors right, which were based 
on a piece of grapefruit in a bowl...I did like the way the circle tag and
punches I did sort of morphed their way into the curves in the road.
 
 
Not much of a story behind this photo other that the usual, Sam is desperately
trying to catch up with his big sister who is already of the frame off
around that bend...he has his head down, a little sad, but still determined,
(with a little coaxing) and it made me think of this lyric!
 
Thanks for checking out my little yellow brick road! :)
 
 


2 comments:

  1. I love this page so much! The photo and your design are so beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along at Color Me Scrappy! I am now a follower of your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're layout is a DT Fav at Color Me Scrappy. You are being invited back to be a guest designer for January. If you are interested, please send us an email to colormescrappy@gmail.com with your contact information so I can forward the challenges to you.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground